Today was the first day back on track. I definitely deserved a slower paced day than yesterday, or the whole weekend actually. But I like busy.
Friday way skiing, and boy was it frigid. We do go prepared for the cold. We have neck and face warmers, and everyone has little hand warmers in their gloves. The good part about it being so cold is that the lift lines are very short, and that is NICE! We skiied non-stop until we had enough. We skiied a different part of the resort than we had skiied before, and Kamryn and Anna did fabulous, Kamryn was usually the first one down the mountain taking steeper terrain faster than I like too. I really had to ski fast to keep up with her. Derek and I went to the top of the mountain one time because it had a couple of blue runs that we could manage, but I accidentally went the wrong way and had to go down a black diamond mogul hill. Boy did my thighs burn after that run.
Yesterday was another school holiday, but not a day off for David. We started it off by going to get Kamryn's early birthday present. She got her ears pierced now so that they can heal before soccer starts.
When we got home around lunch time the craziness began. First there was a strange
car in the driveway. A girl and her mother were there to pick up Derek to take a group to the movies. A bunch of kids in the seminary class- I gathered. He had done everything I had asked him to do, and they were waiting so I didn't have much of a choice. I guess there were 2 boys and 4 or 5 girls so not too bad of odds for him. Then Maddie who also got her ears pierced with Kamryn came in to play. Pretty soon another friend also came over, and then another. The 5 little girls wanted to craft, so I got out the craft bag and they went to town assembling what el
se -bridesmaid dresses, complete with flowers. A short time later Mikaela and her friend returned from "Savers" a goodwill type store where they had purchased clothing to wear on Plaid Day at school. Then 2 more friends showed up to tye dye shirts and socks for "tye dye Fridye". Then 2 more friends showed up to make t-shirts for the Sadie Hawkins dance. Then 2 more showed up because they heard about the gathering and couldn't be left out.
So what was I supposed to do on a bitter cold day with 15 kids in the house? I made spudnuts. They didn't get to raise like they should have, but they were yummy and the kids liked them, and they were so amazed that you could actually make homemade doughnuts.
Needless to say I was sort of grumpy by the end of the day. So that is why I was ready for today.
SPELLING BEE day! Kamryn was pretty nervous sitting on the back row of about 20 students. Only 3 were from the 4th grade. Her first word was "scribble" and she got that right. Her 2nd word was "unpleasant". She was very nervous and she spelled it INPLEASANT. She knew it wasn't right after she said it, but she couldn't change it. She knew many of the words that came in the rounds later, so I'm sure she will make a great showing next year.
Anna had a hard time going back to school today. When ever she has a break for very long, she hates going back. She says she misses me. She came to the spelling bee, and she cried when it was over, she didn't want to go back to class. She might be the one to never leave home, and I will probably be okay with that :-)
Friday way skiing, and boy was it frigid. We do go prepared for the cold. We have neck and face warmers, and everyone has little hand warmers in their gloves. The good part about it being so cold is that the lift lines are very short, and that is NICE! We skiied non-stop until we had enough. We skiied a different part of the resort than we had skiied before, and Kamryn and Anna did fabulous, Kamryn was usually the first one down the mountain taking steeper terrain faster than I like too. I really had to ski fast to keep up with her. Derek and I went to the top of the mountain one time because it had a couple of blue runs that we could manage, but I accidentally went the wrong way and had to go down a black diamond mogul hill. Boy did my thighs burn after that run.Yesterday was another school holiday, but not a day off for David. We started it off by going to get Kamryn's early birthday present. She got her ears pierced now so that they can heal before soccer starts.
When we got home around lunch time the craziness began. First there was a strange
car in the driveway. A girl and her mother were there to pick up Derek to take a group to the movies. A bunch of kids in the seminary class- I gathered. He had done everything I had asked him to do, and they were waiting so I didn't have much of a choice. I guess there were 2 boys and 4 or 5 girls so not too bad of odds for him. Then Maddie who also got her ears pierced with Kamryn came in to play. Pretty soon another friend also came over, and then another. The 5 little girls wanted to craft, so I got out the craft bag and they went to town assembling what el
se -bridesmaid dresses, complete with flowers. A short time later Mikaela and her friend returned from "Savers" a goodwill type store where they had purchased clothing to wear on Plaid Day at school. Then 2 more friends showed up to tye dye shirts and socks for "tye dye Fridye". Then 2 more friends showed up to make t-shirts for the Sadie Hawkins dance. Then 2 more showed up because they heard about the gathering and couldn't be left out.So what was I supposed to do on a bitter cold day with 15 kids in the house? I made spudnuts. They didn't get to raise like they should have, but they were yummy and the kids liked them, and they were so amazed that you could actually make homemade doughnuts.
Needless to say I was sort of grumpy by the end of the day. So that is why I was ready for today.
SPELLING BEE day! Kamryn was pretty nervous sitting on the back row of about 20 students. Only 3 were from the 4th grade. Her first word was "scribble" and she got that right. Her 2nd word was "unpleasant". She was very nervous and she spelled it INPLEASANT. She knew it wasn't right after she said it, but she couldn't change it. She knew many of the words that came in the rounds later, so I'm sure she will make a great showing next year.
Anna had a hard time going back to school today. When ever she has a break for very long, she hates going back. She says she misses me. She came to the spelling bee, and she cried when it was over, she didn't want to go back to class. She might be the one to never leave home, and I will probably be okay with that :-)

1 comment:
Congratulations on school starting back up. I can hardly wait to get my kids back to school after any kind of break.
What are spudnuts? Post your recipe.
Post a Comment