Thursday, April 17, 2008

Prom Night


I have started this post a couple of times, but I couldn't download pictures from prom so then the post was not saved. I will try again... I will persevere with the post. That is the story of my life lately. Start something, get distracted come back, get distracted again... finally finish after the kids go to bed. In this case it is the middle of the afternoon, but the computer is free so I will seize the rare opportunity when someone isn't doing homework, looking at myspace, or playing webkins.



I wrote a nice blog about Prom on Monday, now it is so long ago I can't remember it :-( Mikaela was lucky - her games were cancelled on Saturday due to snow that hadn't melted from Thursday, so she didn't have to referee soccer. We started in the afternoon doing Mikaela's and her friend Erica's hair. They had a book with some vague descriptions of how to create the "up-do". Mikaela's hair was lots of slip knots pinned & glued to her head with bobby pins and hairspray. We used 40 bobby pins to make the creation. I was not on board with it in the beginning, but Erica's mom kept on tying knots and pinning and eventually it started to look like a real hairstyle. Erica opted for her hair to be down in curls so we didn't have to pin anything on her head.






Then we went to one of the girl's houses for pictures. Why the kids like to have so many people involved in this production I don't know. It was VERY hard to take pictures of 22 kids in one entry way. Every kid had 1 or 2 parents also in the entry. I didn't get very good pictures. Then they went off to dinner and then to the place where the dance was held. "Moonlight on the Nile" was the theme for the night. After the dance they change and go to an all night party held at "Mr Biggs" formerly known as "Fat City". The go-carts were the big hit of the night she said.



Then Sunday morning she came home and went to church in her dress and up-do from the night before. Same make-up too. She was tired. We all were. It was a busy week-end.


Tuesday Kamryn & Anna went back to school!!! And that very morning I went on a very windy bike ride around Chatfield Reservoir. It was a lovely day by myself (and the wind).



No comments: